BEST WAY TO REMOVE DOG TICKS
Raise your hand if you are looking for effective ways to remove those ticks! These bloodsuckers are extremely difficult to get rid of and if not handled in time, they may cause some serious diseases. Don't stress! We have rounded up the best ways for tick & flea treatment for dogs, take a look below.
It is said that prevention is always better than cure. Hence it is important that you research on various anti-tick sprays or shampoos that are safe to use and will protect your dogs from attracting ticks. One of a great dog tick repellent product could be the Ticket to Fleadom waterless shampoo from Captain Zack. This product was created keeping in mind the harmful effect that very frequent bathing has on dogs. The product has a no-rinse formulation and the ingredients used are light enough to be sprayed on your dog daily. It is also sulphate free and is vegan.
However, in case you didn't know that there is a prevention route which can be taken, the following is a step by step guide that helps you to remove ticks from your furry besties:
- You need to check your dogs for ticks every day, especially before and after a walk. It is important to note that ticks are usually present around the groin, the anal region, in or behind the ears, his tail and his eyelids. If you have a long-haired or double coated dog, use a dog hair dryer. Adjust the temperature to cool and run it all over your dog. The hair will part and you will be able to find the ticks easily.
- When you do find a tick, part the hair around the tick with your fingers.
- Place the teasers around the tick and as close as you can get to the skin.
- Make sure that you do not jerk the tick but rather gently pull the tick upward until it detaches itself from the skin of your dog.
- Clean the bite area and your hands with rubbing alcohol, soap and water.
- Kill the tick by putting it in alcohol or flushing it down the toilet. ( If you are worried about an infection or disease that could be caused by the tick, then you could keep the tick in alcohol and take it to the vet for testing as soon as possible. )
- It is important that you give your dog a proper bath after you successfully remove all the ticks simply because there could be a few that you may have missed. There are a number of dog shampoos for ticks out there that are specially created for killing ticks and preventing them from jumping back on. The Excuse Me Fleas shampoo is one of them. This shampoo is an anti-microbial shampoo with essential oils and plant-based ingredients that eliminate ticks and fleas. The shampoo uses less amount of sulphates which results in the safe and effective cleaning of your furry little pooch!
Preventing ticks is really important as they can cause a lot of discomfort and harm not only to your dog but also to you. If you’re still looking for more answers, check out these ways you can prepare your dog for the tick and flea season.
This blog is an excellent source of information and one should read it
Leave a comment